"Welcome To My New Jersey Divorce Course.
This Is Where Things Start To Get Better."
by Steven J. Kaplan, Esq.
This course will give you knowledge to help you get through your divorce intact, with the best divorce settlement possible, ready to start a new and better life.
It will help you understand the NJ divorce process.
It will teach you about your options.
This knowledge will allow you to "partner" with your divorce lawyer to achieve the best results possible.
It will lessen your anxiety.
It will make going through the confusing divorce process more understandable.
Read my articles in whatever order makes sense to you.
But I do recommend that you start with my "Introduction to The New Jersey Divorce Process." It is a great overview of everything that you will need to know.
Let's get started...
NEW JERSEY DIVORCE COURSE
Steven J. Kaplan, Esq.
LESSON #1: GETTING STARTED
- Introduction To The New Jersey Divorce Process
- How Long Will It Take You to Get Divorced?
- 10 Good First Questions To Ask A Divorce Attorney
- 5 Qualities You Should Seek In Your Divorce Lawyer
- Your Divorce Attorney Should Help You Define Your Goals
- Why It's A Terrible Idea To Divorce Without A Very Good Lawyer
- Legal Separation in New Jersey
LESSON #2: COUNSELING
- Your New Jersey Divorce & Therapy: Perfect Together
- My Take on Jerry Seinfeld's Description of How People Break Up, and Marriage Counseling
- Counseling Can Benefit Senior Citizens Involved in the Divorce Process
LESSON #3: BEGINNING THE DIVORCE PROCESS
- What About Separation in NJ Without Divorce?
- NJ Grounds for Divorce
- Why The NJ Grounds for Divorce Don't Really Matter
- What It Means To Serve Divorce Papers in NJ
LESSON #4: HOW TO GET TEMPORARY RELIEF FROM A JUDGE
- What Does "Pendente Lite" Mean in New Jersey Divorce Court?
- NJ Divorce Court Motions
- Can Your NJ Divorce Lawyer Help You In An Emergency?
LESSON #5: TRYING TO WORK OUT A FAIR SETTLEMENT
- Don't Divorce Like This
- Going Through A Monmouth County NJ Divorce?
- The Importance Of Your NJ Divorce Case Information Statement (CIS)
- Your Divorce Case Information Statement: The Backbone of Your Case
- Four Way Conferences for Attempting To Settle Issues
- Divorce Mediation and Arbitration in Monmouth County
- The Early Settlement Panel
- What If Your Early Settlement Panel in Monmouth County Fails?
- The Monmouth County Intensive Settlement Panel
- Do Not Rush Through Your Divorce Settlement
- "Why Won't The Other Attorney Negotiate?"
- Drafting A NJ Matrimonial Settlement Agreement
- What "Mrs. Doubtfire" Can Teach Us All About Divorcing With Dignity
- Is There Such A Thing As A "Good Divorce" In Monmouth County?
- "Can't We All Just Get Along?"
- What Is An Uncontested Divorce in NJ?
LESSON #6: CUSTODY AND VISITATION ("PARENTING TIME")
- What is Joint Custody in NJ?
- Combatting Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) In Your NJ Divorce
- The Court Should Be Open For Parenting Time Emergencies
- How To Have Happier Children While Divorcing in Monmouth County NJ
- Co-parenting After Your Divorce in NJ When Your Ex Won't
- NJ Child Custody
- Joint Custody In NJ Is Simply NOT Always Appropriate
- Parental Substance Abuse in Monmouth County
- New Jersey's Psychological Parent Law
- It's Harder For Your Ex To Move Your Kid From NJ
- Don't Let Your NJ Divorce Screw Up Your Kids
- Grandparent Visitation in New Jersey
LESSON #7: ALIMONY AND CHILD SUPPORT
- Calculating Alimony Pursuant to NJ Alimony Laws
- My Most Painful Case Involving NJ Alimony Laws
- If There Are No Easy NJ Alimony Laws, Why Do People Say There Are?
- Obligations of a Disabled Person Pursuant To NJ Alimony Laws
- Unreported Income in Divorce in New Jersey
- What Can Be Done When A Supporting Spouse Acts Like A Jerk, Abandons His Family, And Leaves His Wife Penniless?
- Breaking News: New Jersey Bill Giving Judges More Discretion in Child Support Cases Moves Forward in New Jersey Senate
- When Does NJ Divorce Law Require Life Insurance?
- How and When Does "Cohabitation" End Alimony?
LESSON #8: EQUITABLE DISTRIBUTION OF ASSETS
- How Divorce in New Jersey is Like the Old "Cheeseburger! French Fries! Coke!" Skit from Saturday Night Live
- Is My Spouse Entitled To A Part Of My Inheritance In A NJ Divorce?
- Can I Remove Money From A Joint Account?
LESSON #9: ABOUT OUR COURTHOUSE AND OUR JUDGES
- Tell The Truth in Divorce Court
- 5 Ways To Prepare For Your Appearance in Family Court
- How To Dress For Divorce Court
- It's All On Video At The County Courthouse
- Monmouth County Courthouse Facilities
- Seven Ways To Anger Your NJ Divorce Court Judge
- NJ Family Court Judges Should Want To Be There
- Tribute To a Wonderful Monmouth County Divorce Court Judge
- OPINION: Divorce Court Judges Should Be Specialists
- Even A Judge Who Gets Divorced in NJ Goes Through Hell
LESSON #10: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RESTRAINING ORDERS
- How to Obtain a Restraining Order in Monmouth County
- Trading Your NJ Temporary Restraining Order For Civil Restraints
- Changes are Coming to NJ's Domestic Violence Restraining Order Laws
- Should New Jersey Prohibit People From Following Others With A GPS?
LESSON #11: GETTING READY FOR TRIAL
- What Is A NJ Divorce Trial Like?
- Should Your Monmouth County Divorce Attorney Take Depositions?
- To Only Slightly Misquote Gov. Christie Before Hurricane Sandy, "Get The Hell Off Of Facebook!" During Your NJ Divorce
- Maybe NJ Divorce Lawyers Need To Re-think Subpoenaing Text Messages
- Can You Fire Your New Jersey Divorce Lawyer Close To Trial?
LESSON #12: STRESS OF DIVORCE
- "No. We Cannot Drive Together!
- Stressed Out About Your New Jersey Divorce?
- The Holidays and Your Monmouth County, NJ Divorce: January 2nd is Right Around the Corner!
LESSON #13: SIX FINAL THOUGHTS
- Getting Help From a NJ Divorce Court Judge AFTER Your Divorce Has Ended
- How An International Catastrophe Started My Career
- Do NOT Sign Your Tax Returns Until Your NJ Divorce Lawyer Reviews Them
- Sometimes Divorce Lawyers in NJ "Dump" a Case on an Associate
- Why Are Some Divorces So Expensive and What To Do To Keep Your Costs Lower
- Experiencing Betrayal Of Any Kind Is Awful
Would you like to receive timely exclusive NJ divorce info delivered directly to your email?