"Welcome To My Free New Jersey Divorce Course.
This Is Where Things Start To Get Better."
by Steven J. Kaplan, Esq.
This course will give you knowledge to help you get through your divorce intact, with the best divorce settlement possible, ready to start a new and better life.
It will help you understand the NJ divorce process.
It will teach you about your options.
It will lessen your anxiety.
It will make going through the confusing divorce process more understandable for you.
Read my articles in whatever order makes sense to you.
But I do recommend that you start with my "Introduction to The New Jersey Divorce Process." It is a great overview of everything that you will need to know.
Let's get started...
NEW JERSEY DIVORCE COURSE
Steven J. Kaplan, Esq.
LESSON #1: GETTING STARTED
Steve Kaplan’s Step-By-Step Guide To Divorce In New Jersey
- Are You Divorcing A Narcissist?
- 10 Ways Your Narcissistic Spouse Will Make This Harder
- How Long Will It Take You to Get Divorced?
- 10 Good First Questions To Ask A Divorce Attorney
- 5 Qualities You Should Seek In Your Divorce Lawyer
- Do You Want A Divorce Lawyer That Represents Only Your Sex?
- Why You Should Not Hire A NJ Divorce Lawyer Who Represents Only One Gender
- Your Divorce Attorney Should Help You Define Your Goals
- Why It's A Terrible Idea To Divorce Without A Very Good Lawyer
- 8 Things That You Should Know About Separation in New Jersey
- In NJ, What Is Better For You: A Legal Separation Or A Divorce?
LESSON #2: COUNSELING
- Your New Jersey Divorce & Therapy: Perfect Together
- My Take on Jerry Seinfeld's Description of How People Break Up, and Marriage Counseling
- Counseling Can Benefit Senior Citizens Involved in the Divorce Process
LESSON #3: BEGINNING THE DIVORCE PROCESS
- What About Separation in NJ Without Divorce?
- NJ Grounds for Divorce
- Why The NJ Grounds for Divorce Don't Really Matter
- Irreconcilable Differences
- What It Means To Serve Divorce Papers in NJ
LESSON #4: HOW TO GET TEMPORARY RELIEF FROM A JUDGE
- What Does "Pendente Lite" Mean in New Jersey Divorce Court?
- NJ Divorce Court Motions
- Can Your NJ Divorce Lawyer Help You In An Emergency?
LESSON #5: TRYING TO WORK OUT A FAIR SETTLEMENT
- Don't Divorce Like This
- Going Through A Divorce in New Jersey?
- The Importance Of Your NJ Divorce Case Information Statement (CIS)
- Your Divorce Case Information Statement: The Backbone of Your Case
- Getting Help from a Judge AFTER Your Divorce Is Over
- Divorce Mediation Basics
- Divorce Mediation and Arbitration in New Jersey
- The Early Settlement Panel
- What If Your Early Settlement Panel Fails?
- The Intensive Settlement Panel
- Do Not Rush Through Your Divorce Settlement
- "Why Won't The Other Attorney Negotiate?"
- Drafting A NJ Matrimonial Settlement Agreement
- What "Mrs. Doubtfire" Can Teach Us All About Divorcing With Dignity
- Is There Such A Thing As A "Good Divorce" In New Jersey?
- "Can't We All Just Get Along?"
- What Is An Uncontested Divorce in NJ?
- New Uncontested Divorce Rule
LESSON #6: CUSTODY AND VISITATION ("PARENTING TIME")
- What is Joint Custody in NJ?
- Combatting Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) In Your NJ Divorce
- The Court Should Be Open For Parenting Time Emergencies
- How To Have Happier Children While Divorcing in NJ
- Co-parenting After Your Divorce in NJ When Your Ex Won't
- NJ Child Custody
- Joint Custody In NJ Is Simply NOT Always Appropriate
- Parental Substance Abuse in New Jersey
- New Jersey's Psychological Parent Law
- It's Harder For Your Ex To Move Your Kid From NJ
- Don't Let Your NJ Divorce Screw Up Your Kids
- Grandparent Visitation in New Jersey
LESSON #7: ALIMONY AND CHILD SUPPORT
- Calculating Alimony Pursuant to NJ Alimony Laws
- Can Alimony Be Increased or Decreased?
- My Most Painful Case Involving NJ Alimony Laws
- If There Are No Easy NJ Alimony Laws, Why Do People Say There Are?
- Obligations of a Disabled Person Pursuant To NJ Alimony Laws
- Unreported Income in Divorce in New Jersey
- What Can Be Done When A Supporting Spouse Acts Like A Jerk, Abandons His Family, And Leaves His Wife Penniless?
- When Does NJ Divorce Law Require Life Insurance?
- How and When Does "Cohabitation" End Alimony?
LESSON #8: EQUITABLE DISTRIBUTION OF ASSETS
- Dividing Retirement Accounts
- How Divorce in New Jersey is Like the Old "Cheeseburger! French Fries! Coke!" Skit from Saturday Night Live
- Is My Spouse Entitled To A Part Of My Inheritance In A NJ Divorce?
- Can I Remove Money From A Joint Account?
LESSON #9: ABOUT OUR COURTHOUSE AND OUR JUDGES
- Tell The Truth in Divorce Court
- 5 Ways To Prepare For Your Appearance in Family Court
- How To Dress For Divorce Court
- Seven Ways To Anger Your NJ Divorce Court Judge
- NJ Family Court Judges Should Want To Be There
- Tribute To a Wonderful New Jersey Divorce Court Judge
- OPINION: Divorce Court Judges Should Be Specialists
- Even A Judge Who Gets Divorced in NJ Goes Through Hell
LESSON #10: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RESTRAINING ORDERS
LESSON #11: GETTING READY FOR TRIAL
- What Is A NJ Divorce Trial Like?
- Should Your NJ Divorce Attorney Take Depositions?
- To Only Slightly Misquote Gov. Christie Before Hurricane Sandy, "Get The Hell Off Of Facebook!" During Your NJ Divorce
- Maybe NJ Divorce Lawyers Need To Re-think Subpoenaing Text Messages
- Can You Fire Your New Jersey Divorce Lawyer Close To Trial?
LESSON #12: STRESS OF DIVORCE
- "No. We Cannot Drive Together!
- Stressed Out About Your New Jersey Divorce?
- The Holidays and Your NJ Divorce: January 2nd is Right Around the Corner!
LESSON #13: SEVEN FINAL THOUGHTS
- Getting Help From a NJ Divorce Court Judge AFTER Your Divorce Has Ended
- How An International Catastrophe Started My Career
- Do NOT Sign Your Tax Returns Until Your NJ Divorce Lawyer Reviews Them
- Sometimes Divorce Lawyers in NJ "Dump" a Case on an Associate
- Why Are Some Divorces So Expensive and What To Do To Keep Your Costs Lower
- Experiencing Betrayal Of Any Kind Is Awful
- What Options Exist If You Want To Stop Your Divorce Case?
Would you like to receive timely exclusive NJ divorce info delivered directly to your email?